Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wicked Polish Review

Hey guys! Today I've got for you a few polishes from Wicked Polish on Etsy. Right now Riley's got the Pestilence collection out, and I've been lucky to snag three of them. The three I've got--Pox, Hematoma, and Gangrene-- are basically the same, but in different colors. And the labels are so cute! I'm very excited to show you these beautiful polishes!


First up is Pox. Pox consists of slightly transparent neon orange and pink different sized hexes in a transparent white base. This is one of her first few if I remember correctly and it doesn't quite have a lot of glitter compared to Hematoma, which I purchased later, and there was quite a bit of glitter fishing involved. Although the turn out was quite beautiful. This is one coat (with some fishing) over white.


Next up is Hematoma. This one definitely had more glitter that Pox, and also Gangrene. Hematoma is made up of neon purple and blue hexes in a white translucent base. This is one coat over white.



Third is Gangrene. Gangrene is super super neon yellow and green hexes in a translucent white base. This color is probably my favorite of the three, but also the most difficult to wear. This color is like Pox in the sense that it is a little low on glitter. There was definitely fishing involved to get this to look nicer, and with fishing comes excess polish, and with excess polish comes bubbling. I wore this polish longer than the others, so this was the only one I noticed bubbling with. Unfortunately there was also a little problem with the larger glitters. They seemed to have rubbed off the polish underneath, and since they're translucent you could see some dark spots underneath. I'm not really sure how that could be prevented, except two coats of white under it or something. Again, this is the only one I wore long enough to notice this, so I'm not sure if this happened with the others. Onto the actual polish though!
This is one coat plus fishing over white.



That's it for today! I'll hopefully have the Mariah Carey Liquid Sands up tomorrow.
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment