Thursday, January 17, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sands Review

Hey guys, I didn't have a chance to put this up yesterday, but today I have for you the four liquid sands from the OPI Mariah Carey Collection. I only picked up the liquid sand mini four pack because I had a $10 gift card to Ulta and didn't feel like spending any more money. The liquid sands dry with a slightly textured feel to them. The polishes include The Impossible, Get Your Number, Stay The Night, and Can't Let Go.


From Left To Right: The Impossible, Get Your Number, Stay The Night,  and Can't Let Go.


First up is The Impossible. This is a pink base with a mix of pink and holographic glitter. I know there are also supposed to be stars in this, but I couldn't find any. I literally fished around for at least ten minutes for one, but I couldn't find any. I was a little disappointed to be honest. It is still a lovely color though.


I also have a macro shot for you guys:


I decided to add a topcoat to see what it would look like.


I think I liked it without the top coat better because it was a little lighter and the texture was nice.

Second, I have Get Your Number. Get Your Number is a blue base chock full of lovely holographic silver glitter.


Here's a macro shot:

And with the topcoat on:

It almost looks like some sort of jelly color, I like this one without the topcoat also.

Third is Stay The Night. Stay The Night is a black base full of beautiful red hexes.


Here is the macro:



Here's a picture with the topcoat on:


I personally think that this one looks the best with the topcoat on. Although, without the topcoat, it does look kind of like leather, with a red sparkle, which I really love.

Last, but certainly not least, is Can't Let Go. Can't Let Go is a purple base with purple and holographic glitter. This one and Stay The Night are probably my favorite of the collection.


Here's the Macro shot:


And here is Can't Let Go with a topcoat:


I honestly don't know if I like it with or without the topcoat better. I like just the liquid sand, but I don't really know if it works that great with this color. And I like it with the topcoat also, although maybe just a little bit better with the liquid sand. I'm not really sure. It is still a beautiful color.


All in all, I really love these polishes. They are all great in just two coats and the texture isn't really as rough as it may look, it's really quite nice. I can't wait to see any other liquid sands that may come out through the years!

That's it for today! 
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment