Monday, January 14, 2013

Julep January Box Review

Hey Guys! I'm really sorry I haven't been posting as often, but school just started and our semester doesn't end until the end of January so I've been studying for finals and stuff. I'll definitely try to get on here more though. On to the fun stuff though!

today I've got my Julep January box! The theme was nudes and neons, so obviously there was one nude and one neon, and the beauty product. (Unless your an It Girl and got three polishes.) My maven style is Classic With A Twist and thats what I decided to stick with for this box. It came with neon Madison, and nude Grace. It also came with an awesome cuticle stick and some cute, bright hairties, and some swatching stickers. I guess you paint the stickers and place them on the cap of the color you painted it with, pretty nifty.


First off is Grace. Grace is a sheer light pink nude that is definitely meant for French Manicures and jelly sandwiches. Here is just one coat to show how sheer it is.


You can only really see the color a little bit. 

I then took Essie Set In Stone and A Cut Above and did a reverse glitter gradient. You just take a little bit of your glitters and paint about halfway down the nail, trying to spread the glitter out so halfway down the nail there is just a little glitter left. I topped off the gradient with another layer of Grace for a jelly sandwich.


Grace is certainly a nice color, but I have so many sheer pinks, they're starting to annoy me. All I want is a nice solid nude to match my skin tone. I hope I find it one day.


Next is Madison. Madison is a beautiful electric watermelon pink neon. I really love this color, a lot. I layered two coats over white for good opacity.


Ugh, I am so sorry for that nasty cuticle work.

Anyway, I wanted to do some nail art with this color since it was so beautiful, so I took some gold caviar beads, some tweezers, and a top coat to create this mani.


I liked the studs way more than the full on caviar, but I didn't have the time or patience to do the whole thing. If you're wondering how I did it, here you go: After painting you color and letting it dry, take you top coat and paint a relatively thick coat. Then quickly take your tweezers and beads, and place them in the top coat and arrange them how you want. I also have a pictorial on how to do the ring finger in my tutorials tab.

If you want to join julep so you can get awesome boxes like this for just $20, click here. Then enter this code if it asks --> 3863244. But wait, there's more! If you enter the code PENNY at checkout you can get your box for $0.01!!! One cent! Enjoy!

That's it for today!
Zoe

2 comments:

  1. i love the sheer nude nail polish and how you decorated the nails with essie set in stone.. soo pretty!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete