Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ciaté Mini Mani Month Weekly Wrap Up 1!

Hi guys! In case you didn't know, I got the Ciaté Mini Mani Month Advent Calendar. You open it every day for a new nail polish! It's so cool! Today I'm going to show you the first week of colors.

First is Cupcake Queen. Cupcake Queen is a deep fuchsia with a purple shimmer. It's very pretty, but pretty much the same as OPI Pompeii Purple, Julep Sandra, and Jesse's Girl Breathless, all of which I own. If you don't have those colors though, I'd recommend them over this, probably the OPI, because Ciaté is pretty over priced. Much like most things at Sephora.


Day 2 is Dangerous Affair. DA is a darker red, that's probably best with two coats. Nothing too special about this color, it's red.



Day 3 is Halo. Halo is a pretty blue/purple shimmer top coat. A bit like a polish I made, except mine had more purple. It's one of those colors that you can really only see over a dark color. Beautiful color, but smells super bad. I don't know what it was, but it was gross.


Day 4 is a mix of microbeads called Prom Queen. It's a mix of pink, silver, and blue beads and some silver glitter mixed in. There was a little packet that came with the calendar on how to use microbeads, and one of the ways you could use them was in a French Mani, which I thought was pretty cool, so I tried it, and was very happy with the results.



Day 5 is Cabaret. Cabaret is a deep plum creme, but it doesn't look quite as purple in artificial lighting.


Day 6 is is Angel Wings. Angel Wings is a silvery satin polish that shouldn't be worn by itself, but doesn't necessarily need a bottom color. If that makes sense. I put about 1 1/2 coats over Cabaret, and you couldn't even tell there was a purple under it. It would probably look best over a white or silver.



Finally, day 7 is Cutie Pie. Cutie Pie is a sheer pink jelly, much like OPI Privacy Please. I took some glitter dots I had and made a jelly sandwich. Probably not my best work, but it still looked pretty cool.




That's it for today!
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment